Monday 12 February 2007

ANOTHER visit to LOC and more......

Finley's swollen area was still a bit pink this morning and still a raised lump. It looked like it was definitely on the mend. We got an appointment with Saeed at LOC at 10am. Saeed had trouble putting the helmet on as the lump was interfering with the fit. He scooped out a big part of the helmet where the lump is and said he could pack it up again once it had subsided. Finley wore the helmet all day but when I took it off again tonight the lump was back and very red. He has started another night without it - lump caked in Sudacrem. I suppose I will have to ring Saeed again tomorrow. It seems this lump is taking over our lives - I just want to get on with it now.

On top of this Finley has become so bad at sleeping. We've been giving him milk when he wakes but last night (another hatless night) he had a HUGE 4th meal just before bedtime. Weetabix, yoghurt and a banana. If he woke in the night it couldnt possibly be because he was hungry. Peter was fortunately here. We were on shifts. He did the night and then I took over about 5am allowing him to catch up on sleep. Finley was awake every hour until 3 then Jack was up and down until 6am woken a lot by Finley's blood curdling screams!! Peter amazingly didn't feed him - I think I may have cracked if it had been me. To prove a point when I finallly gave Fin a bottle at 7am he only drank half of it - clearly his interrupted sleep was not through hunger after all.

I think controlled crying, however much I detest it, can be the only answer. If we can get Fin to sleep through Jack will follow I am sure.

No comments: