Friday 4 May 2007

A fine example of successful repositioning

Below are some pictures of Eli whose Mum, Jessica, has kindly let me use to show how repositioning CAN work. I think the results are spectacular in such a short space of time (7 weeks). Congratulations Jessica and Eli, all your hard work has been rewarded.

Here he is at 18 weeks




Here he is again at 25 weeks




Jessica is using several techniques: A sleep positioner at night, head supports for the car seat, bouncer, highchair, swing and playmat as well as a bumbo, exersaucer and jumperoo. She also tries to hold Eli as much as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you be more specific with the types of items Jessica is using? I need to try this with my son and I don't know what can be used in a car seat, etc. and where to find these items. Much obliged.

Anonymous said...

Could you be more specific as to what you are doing? This blog is extremely vague. It mentions how successful repositioning is, yet the baby is wearing a helmet...

I have a 6 month old with Brachycephaly so just trying to figure out the best approach.

Sarah said...

My son had helmet therapy, these pictures are from someone else who chose to try repositioning. These pictures are an example of how repositioning can be used to correct the flat head.

Hope that clarifies things

Sarah