Friday 26 January 2007

Finley's fitting at LOC

We went to LOC today to see Saeed. I’ve been dreading it – reading about other mums and their heartache with miserable babies. I had prepared myself for the worst. It actually went ok, he didn’t seem to notice it the first time and was easily distracted. He tried a bit to take it off the second time and only after a few minutes wear his head was incredibly sweaty with damp hair. We have to dress him in lighter clothes to compensate.

We have to build up the wear over the next few days:

Tomorrow 1 hour on 1 hour off
Sunday 2 hours on 1 hour off
Monday 4 hours on 1 hour off – with napping
Tuesday 8 hours on 1 hour off with napping and overnight.

Then he has it on all the time with two one hour breaks for cleaning. I think first few nights are going to be hard. Imagine having to sleep in a motor bike helmet? We have to keep the room cool.

Peter and I practised putting it on and off in front of Saeed.

Saeed reckons CO can help with therapy although he said the CO they deal with only sees babies once a month. Will speak to the CO in Aldershot on Monday and make an appointment. My view is – if it might be able to help more then we need to try this too.

He looks quite cute in the helmet but I wish we didn’t have to do this.

No comments: