Wednesday 14 March 2007

A bit more positive

I felt sick in my stomach going up to LOC this afternoon. I just really didnt want to go through this again.

Feeling better now that the new helmet has been fitted. Finley did cry a bit when it was going on and off but towards the end he was getting quite tired. Saeed showed me that the area where the bump is is now not touching the helmet at all by using the lipstick technique. He made the measurements again and Finley's head has grown 3mm in circumference - 1 mm to the side and none at the back since the last review 3 weeks ago.

Disappointing but I'm finding the measurements a bit hit and miss and I guess when they are doing them by hand what's a mm here or there. I wonder why Saeed always wants to know the previous measurement before he starts, it makes me think that there is a bit of room for manipulation maybe as a form of incentive or something?

Finley is at nursery on Friday all day and it would be unfair for the staff there to keep having to take it on and off so we are going to start again on Saturday. Hopefully we will have a smoother ride this time and it will all become second nature in a couple of weeks.

No comments: