Tuesday 13 March 2007

New Helmet tomorrow and thoughts

Well Finley gets his new helmet tomorrow. I cannot believe it, it seems like so long ago that I am back getting used to his head shape. The bump is STILL there albeit a lot smaller and the scab only fell off this afternoon. I'm having mixed thoughts about this new helmet. His fontanelle is almost closed - probably only 2 or 3 mm to go. LOC said once this is shut then treatment must finish. I'm not sure why this is and will clarify tomorrow. I'm wondering whether we are going to make that much difference not and perhaps we are going to be the example of what happens if its left too long. With all the troubles we have had its actually been nearly 8 weeks since our first visit to LOC.

I was out the other day with a friend at a play area and she pointed out a boy with brachy. She said she wouldnt have been aware of it if it hadnt been for Finley and although I was fascinated to watch this little boy, who looked about 4, it didnt really look that bad.

I'm going to ask LOC to measure his head again tomorrow - will be interesting to see whether there has been any change and in what direction!

No comments: